What happens if I miss my court appearance?
If your appearance was for a non-criminal charge, you will be found guilty and owe a fine.
  • If your court appearance was a mandatory appearance, a bench warrant may be ordered for your arrest.
  • If you have an attorney, you will need to contact your attorney in order to arrange a bench warrant appearance.
  • If you were required to appear before a judge or court commissioner, and an attorney does not represent you, you will need to contact the District Attorney’s Office at (715) 395-1218 to have your case scheduled in order to have the bench warrant quashed.
Keep in mind that in all instances, the bench warrant remains active until it is actually quashed in court.

Show All Answers

1. Can I speak with the prosecuting attorney assigned to my case?
2. I have been charged with a crime. I would like an attorney to represent me, but I cannot afford one. What can I do?
3. What happens if I miss my court appearance?
4. If I have an ordinance, Department of Natural Resources (DNR), speeding, or Operating Whie Intoxicated (OWI) first-offense ticket(s), when can I talk to the prosecutor handling it?
5. Are your court records open to the public?
6. Does your office handle child support collections?
7. Does your office handle civil litigation/lawsuit matters?
8. How do I file a small claims action?
9. How can I go about getting an extension of time to pay for my court fines?
10. How do I go about requesting a pardon?
11. I have been getting a lot of phone calls from telemarketers. What can I do to get them to stop calling me?
12. I can no longer control my son/daughter, what can I do? Who can I call?