Douglas County Land Conservation administers the Douglas County Land & Water Conservation Program to meet local priorities and the needs of Douglas County at the direction of the Land Conservation Committee implementing the Douglas County Land & Water Resource Management Plan
and utilizing the Wisconsin Soil & Water Resource Management Program to conserve the County’s natural resources.
Other activities the Land Conservation Department is responsible for include:
- Establish goals and standards for conservation of soil and water resources
- Provide for cost-sharing, technical assistance, and educational programs to conserve soil and water resources
- Encourage coordinated soil and water conservation planning and program implementation
- Enable the regulation of harmful land use and land management practices by county ordinance
- Preparation of a Land and Water Resource Management Plan