To qualify for Birth to Three services a child under the age of three must have:
- A delay of at least 25 percent in at least one area of development which is determined through an evaluation or review of records
- A diagnosed condition with a high probability of a developmental delay
- Development which is atypical for a child's age
- Delays in movement/motor skills
- Understanding and using speech and language
- Thinking/problem solving
- Social/emotional/behaviorial skills
- Self-help skills
Screening, evaluation, and direct services are all provided in the family's home or in community locations such as the child's day care setting or a local park or playground. Parents and therapists work together as a team at all times.
Eligibility is based on a child's needs for services and not on income guidelines. Screen and evaluations are always provided at no charge to families.
Early intervention enhances the development of children to help them reach their full potential.